Position Title: Assistant Director of Technology
Report To: Director of Technology
Position Purpose: Sheridan is seeking an Assistant Director of Technology who will work directly with the Director of Technology to provide immediate intake and support for daily user and equipment related issues for faculty and staff and support multi-platform hardware and software initiatives and maintenance across the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incident and problem management for end user computing devices and operating systems.
- Ensures up-time and performance of network systems, hardware and cloud applications.
- Administer LANS, wireless networks, Google Apps domain, VOIP devices, projectors and cloud-based applications and services
- Setup or repair computer equipment and related devices
- Develop the technology skills of students and staff
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and inventory
- Implement and support security measures for information systems
- Support electronic data backup to prevent loss of information
- Support audio visual setup and teardown for events
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, computer science, or other relevant field or equivalent combination of training and experience
- One (1) year of technology experience preferably in an educational environment. Proven knowledge in GSuite administration, Google Apps, chromebooks, Chrome OS
- Working knowledge of MS Windows
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Operate light office equipment
- Some light lifting and carrying
- Knowledge of MS Windows server, Ipads, OSX, web site maintenance, social media content development / maintenance or non-linear video editing a plus
Sheridan is an independent, co-educational, K-8 school located in northwest Washington, DC, offering a progressive, concept-based curriculum that promotes social justice. We are eager to consider candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Sheridan School does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law. EOE.