Dear Sheridan Families,
It’s been 24 hours since my last communication, and I already have some new updates to share. The situation continues to evolve and we are evolving right along with it as we endeavor to make the best decisions we can for our community. Please read this full email closely and take the steps that we ask as we work together to keep our community healthy.
Conferences will continue as planned tomorrow and Friday. We do ask, however, that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Stay home if you are ill, have recently traveled to a high-risk area, or have been in contact with others who may have been exposed to someone who has contracted coronavirus. If you find yourself in this situation, please complete this form by 10pm this evening and we will schedule a phone conference for you.
- When at Sheridan, maintain “social distance” from others. If you have any down time between conferences, we ask that you wait in the World Room, rather than in our hallways. Coffee and tea will be available in the World Room throughout the day.
- Be on time and depart as soon as your conferences end to help limit the number of individuals at school at any given time.
- If you are a parent in Grades 6-8, consider meeting only with your child’s advisor. Each advisor is prepared to hold a comprehensive conference and this will shorten your time in the building.
- Take your child to the gym for child care. All child care will take place in the gym. Any student in the building who is not attending a conference should be signed into care in the gym.
We recognize that some families may not feel comfortable at this time attending conferences due to coronavirus concerns. If you or a close family member are in a high-risk category and you have significant concerns about attending conferences, please complete this form by 10pm this evening and we will arrange for your teachers to call you at the appointed time for a conference by phone. Please note that teachers will be unable to conference multiple lines together so the number you provide will be the only number they will call. The conference time and length will remain the same as your in-person conference.
MONDAY SCHOOL CLOSURE
We continue to receive feedback that future school closures in our area are likely. To ensure we are as prepared as possible, we have decided to close this coming Monday, 3/16. This will give our teachers and staff the time they need to fully develop remote learning plans for their students, and to prepare the technology platforms that are likely to be used to communicate and deliver curriculum. It is our intention to be open the remainder of the week through noon on Friday, when we leave for Spring Break, unless circumstances necessitate a change. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide child care as we need everyone to participate in our planning. Please know that we recognize this represents a hardship for many families and do not take school closure lightly.
If you have not yet completed our tech access survey, please do so this evening as the information is crucial to our planning.
In yesterday’s communication, we said we would send you an email with information about Google Meet and a window of time in which to try it out. We have a bit more work to do before it’s ready for its Sheridan debut, so there is no action to take just yet.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com. I am grateful for your partnership as we work together to keep our community — and all of those we love — as healthy as possible at this time.
All the best,