ADMISSIONS PROCESS FOR GRADES 2 - 8
- Submit application and application fee of $60.00 through the Ravenna Portal by January 15, 2021
- Submit required file components by January 22, 2020:
- Parent Questionnaire
- School Transcript
- Student Writing Sample (4-8)
- Teacher Recommendations (2)
- WISC-V, SSAT or ISEE Test Results (Optional)
- Student Visit (may take place after January 22nd)
- Parent Interview (may take place after January 22nd)
Application and Application Fee
Sheridan uses the Ravenna system for applications. Applications, which include general information about your family and your child, must be submitted through the Ravenna Portal by January 15, 2021. The application fee is $60.00.
THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS ARE DUE BY JANUARY 22, 2020:
The Parent Questionnaire is an opportunity to tell us about your child. Your answers to these questions provide us with a deeper understanding of your child. You may complete the questionnaire through the Ravenna Portal.
Current School Transcript
A transcript from the student’s current school detailing academic progress and attendance history.
Student Writing Sample
4th through 8th grade applicants only and can be submitted through the Ravenna Portal.
Two current teacher recommendations are required. Recommendations can be submitted through the Ravenna Portal.
- WISC testing for applicants to Grades 2-5 is optional. If your child has had testing administered, please feel free to submit the report and we will include it in their admission file.
- Applicants to Grades 6-8 are required to take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). Registration for the SSAT can be done online at www.ssat.org or by calling their customer service office at 609-683-4440 weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Applicants are urged to take the SSAT in November, December or January. The Sheridan School code for receipt of test scores is 7342. We prefer the SSAT, but will accept ISEE.
Virtual Parent Interview
The Virtual Parent Interview is optional for applicants to Grades 2-8. The interview is an opportunity for you to ask questions about Sheridan, to further inform us about your child and for us to get to know you. Parent interviews are conducted by an Admissions staff member or a Sheridan administrator. You may register for your virtual interview through the Ravenna Portal. A Zoom link will be provided in your interview confirmation and reminder emails.
Virtual Student Meeting
After you submit your application, you will be contacted by our Admissions Office to schedule your child’s virtual meeting and assessment. Prospective students will meet virtually 1:1 with a designated Sheridan teacher or administrator. Zoom instructions will be included in your meeting confirmation and reminder. Please contact Margie Gottfried if meeting using an online platform will be difficult.