ADMISSIONS PROCESS FOR GRADES 2 - 8
- Submit application and application fee of $60.00 through the Ravenna Portal by January 17, 2020
- Submit required file components by January 24, 2020:
- Parent Questionnaire
- School Transcript
- Student Writing Sample (4-8)
- Teacher Recommendations (2)
- WISC-V, SSAT or ISEE Test Results
- Student Visit (may take place after January 24th)
- Parent Interview (may take place after January 24th)
Application and Application Fee
Sheridan uses the Ravenna system for applications. Applications, which include general information about your family and your child, must be submitted through the Ravenna Portal by January 17, 2020. The application fee is $60.00.
THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS ARE DUE BY JANUARY 24, 2020:
The Parent Questionnaire is an opportunity to tell us about your child. Your answers to these questions provide us with a deeper understanding of your child. You may complete the questionnaire through the Ravenna Portal.
Current School Transcript
A transcript from the student’s current school detailing academic progress and attendance history.
Student Writing Sample
4th through 8th grade applicants only and can be submitted through the Ravenna Portal.
Two current teacher recommendations are required. Recommendations can be submitted through the Ravenna Portal.
- 2nd through 5th grade applicants are required to take the WISC-V. Although Sheridan School does not endorse a particular testing center, these organizations/individuals are some that provide admissions testing for many area schools. You may wish to ask about the nature of the follow-up offered by each center. Please call the centers directly to schedule an appointment and to verify the cost of the required test.
- 6th through 8th grade applicants are required to take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). Click here for individual testers and test centers. You may register with SSAT by calling their customer service office at 609-683-4440 weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. You can also register online at www.ssat.org. Applicants are urged to take the SSAT in November, December or January. The Sheridan School code for receipt of test scores is 7342. We prefer the SSAT, but will accept ISEE.
Please note: Applicants may ask for fee waivers from testing centers and schools. Test prep will invalidate WISC-V test results. These tests may be given once in a calendar year.
The Parent Interview is an opportunity for you to ask questions about Sheridan, to further inform us about your child and for us to get to know you. Parent Interviews are conducted by an Admissions staff member or a Sheridan administrator. You may register for your interview through the Ravenna Portal.
After you submit your application, please schedule your child’s visit through the Ravenna portal.
Students visit individually for a whole day with their current grade, with the exception of students seeking entrance to Grade 2, who visit for a half-day, The visits include individual assessments in reading, writing and math. For students entering Grades 3-8, lunch is provided by Sheridan (please let us know of any food allergies prior to the visit). Arrival time for all visits is 8:30 am. Pickup for students entering Grades 3-8 is 3:30pm (except Wednesdays, when pickup is at 2:30pm). For students entering Grade 2, pickup takes place at 11:30am.