Login Email Address
On Monday, 10/7/19, you were sent an email with your LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS for the pickAtime system. This is the sole email address you will use to log in to the system and select conference times for your child(ren). Please do not attempt to change your LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS as it is tied to your child’s conferences and cannot be altered. You will still receive emails from Pick-A-Time at your regular email address.
Please note that all parents/guardians for a specific child share a single LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS regardless of their household status. Any parent or guardian with the LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS has the ability to see, schedule or change conferences. We do, however, ask that you designate only one parent to make the conference selections as we have found that two people making selections at the same time can lead to unpredictable results.
If you participated in conference registration through pickAtime last spring using the same LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS, you will be prompted for the password you set up at that time. If you don’t remember it, click on “Forgot Password” to reset it.
- Before starting, make sure you have your LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS ready.
- Go to pickatime.com/sheridanschool
- Enter your LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS in the email address field
- After entering your LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS, leave the password field blank and click “login.” You will be taken to another screen and prompted to create a password. Enter a new password and click “update.” (Note: DO NOT change your email address on this screen. It must stay set to your assigned LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS. You will automatically receive confirmation emails from the system at your regular email address).
NOTE: If you have any issues with logging in, enter your LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS, click on Forgot Password, and a password reset link will be sent to all registered emails.
First Login Screen (click to enlarge)
Password Screen (click to enlarge)
Once in the system, take a moment to orient yourself. On the left side of the page, you will see a LEGEND. In the center, you will see a GRID.
In the LEGEND, you will find your child’s name and their teachers for each subject.
In the GRID, each colored square represents an available meeting time for a specific teacher. The color code for each teacher can be found in the legend. Hovering over a block will also show the teacher’s name and subject. If you have multiple students at Sheridan, each student has their own grid, side-by-side, on the screen.
System Layout (click to enlarge)
Selecting Conference Times
To schedule a conference:
- Click on the color-coded block that corresponds with a teacher you want to see and the time you want to see them.
- Confirm your selection, set a reminder, and click “Create Appointment.” You will be returned to the grid and your confirmed selection will now be black.
- Repeat until you have set meeting times with each teacher you’d like to visit.
*Note: Please pay close attention to both the day and the time that you are selecting as both conference days are included in the grid.
Book homeroom (Grades K-5) and Advisory (Grades 6-8) first and then select conference times with other teachers. Please note some teachers have both Advisory spots and subject spots so you will need to be sure you pick the right type of conference for your child with that teacher. Homeroom and Advisory conferences are each 30 minutes; departmental conferences are 15 minutes.
Sign up for only a few specials teachers so your schedule (and your child) aren’t overloaded. A strategy that often works well is to see some specials teachers during fall conferences and another set during spring conferences.
Plan ahead. If you have concerns you’d like to discuss without your child present, you can ask the teacher(s) in advance to dedicate more of the conference to parent/teacher time only, or you can always make an appointment outside of conferences to discuss a subject that you didn’t cover during conferences.
Please refrain from simultaneous logins with the same LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS. While both parents are able to see the available times in the conference system, please designate only one parent to make the conference selections. During testing, we found that two people making selections at the same time may lead to errors in the final schedules.
You may review or modify your schedule at any time by clicking the Your Schedule button at the top of the screen. You can also print your schedule or email it to yourself.