- Go to pickatime.com/sheridanschool
- In the email address field, enter your personal email address where you receive Sheridan emails such as News & Notes
- After entering your email address, leave the password field blank and click “login.” You will be taken to another screen and prompted to create a password. Enter a new password and click “update.”
NOTE: If you have any issues with logging in, enter your personal email address, click “Forgot Password,” and a password reset link will be sent to you. If you continue to have problems, contact email@example.com.
First Login Screen (click to enlarge)
Password Screen (click to enlarge)
Once in the system, take a moment to orient yourself. On the left side of the page, you will see a LEGEND. In the center, you will see a GRID.
In the LEGEND, you will find your child’s name and their teachers for each subject.
In the GRID, each colored square represents an available meeting time for a specific teacher. The color code for each teacher can be found in the legend. Hovering over a block will also show the teacher’s name and subject. If you have multiple students at Sheridan, each student has their own grid, side-by-side, on the screen.
Selecting Conference Times
To schedule a conference:
- Click on the color-coded block that corresponds with a teacher you want to see and the time you want to see them.
- Confirm your selection, set a reminder, and click “Create Appointment.” You will be returned to the grid and your confirmed selection will now be black.
- Repeat until you have set meeting times with each teacher you’d like to visit.
*Important Note: Pay close attention to both the day and the time that you are selecting as both conference days are included in the grid.
Book homeroom (Grades K-5) and Advisory (Grades 6-8) first and then select conference times with other teachers. Please note some teachers have both Advisory spots and subject spots so you will need to be sure you pick the right type of conference for your child with that teacher. Homeroom and Advisory conferences are each 30 minutes; departmental conferences are 15 minutes. In the fall, K-2 conferences are with parents-only; in Grades 3-8, students attend each conference.
Sign up for only a few specials teachers so your schedule (and your child) aren’t overloaded. A strategy that often works well is to see some specials teachers during fall conferences and another set during spring conferences.
Plan ahead. If you have concerns you’d like to discuss without your child present, you can ask the teacher(s) in advance to dedicate more of the conference to parent/teacher time only, or you can always make an appointment outside of conferences to discuss a subject that you didn’t cover during conferences.
You may review or modify your schedule at any time by clicking the Your Schedule button at the top of the screen. You also can print your schedule or email it to yourself.