Please join us on Wednesday, April 3rd, from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm for a conversation with Dr. Sameer Hinduja, co-director of the Cyberbullying Research Center on how we can guide our children’s technology use (and avoid abuse!). Complimentary childcare will be provided for Sheridan families who register before 12 pm on Tuesday, April 2nd. Please indicate your attendance plans and child care needs using the forms linked above.
Examples of topics to be covered include:
- The best ways to inquire about and respond to technology use and abuse
- Research-based parenting approaches designed to induce moral and ethical choices online (and offline)
- How to report cyberbullying when you spot it, and how best to assist both aggressors and targets
- The importance of intentionally cultivating resilience and empathy, and how to use media to do so
- Techniques for rule setting, communication, discipline, encouragement, and modeling
Dr. Hinduja, a professor in the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Florida Atlantic University, is internationally recognized for his groundbreaking work on the subjects of cyberbullying and safe social media use. Author of seven books, he is a noted speaker with extensive experience teaching students, educators, parents, mental health professionals, and other youth workers how to promote the positive use of technology.